Following months of research, planning and design, we are proud to present a new user-friendly, interactive and more visually appealing website for you to access news, share and engage with the community.
The full range of content is all here - the best of the Belle Plaine Herald in text, photo, video, and graphics . For the short term we will open up access for everyone to explore but longer-term the site will be subscription based. Current print subscribers can set up an account to access all content by clicking on the subscribe link.
Underneath this brand new design is a search optimized and robust content management system which allows us to offer the following new features:
- Dynamically updated design with content organized into intuitive sections that enable readers to easily peruse story briefs with one-click access to the full story, section or subsection.
- The site is open for comments to enable our readers to have the opportunity to speak and be heard. We encourage the community to interact with stories, photos, videos and with one another. To keep the conversations enjoyable and interesting to everyone we ask readers to follow our comment guidelines which can be found within the Opinion section
- A rotating top story and photo box
- Dynamic and detailed events calendar with open access for anyone to post events to.
- Photo and video galleries. We encourage readers to send us their photos or links to videos to include in these galleries.
- Social Media quick links for people to: follow our Twitter feed, like us on Facebook, and find our other social media presences such as our Tumblr blog and Pinterest page.
- Access to the full pdf version of the weekly print edition
- Easy way to share stories or comments on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter, bookmarking sites, email or print.
- View stories by the top most recently viewed and most commented to see what is trending within the community.
- Dates on all stories to indicate most recent updates
- Advanced archive search
- Reader polls and ask an expert modules
- A mobile version of the site for readers who what their news on the go
- Enhanced advertising to enable businesses to showcase their products and services on Belle Plaine's number one news portal with multiple repeat viewers throughout the month. Advertising is available site-wide or by specific web page with links to websites or pdfs, such as flyers or larger ads.
- Detailed site and advertising statistics
- Advanced site search - entire site, all sections, ads, photos and archives
- Ability to purchase a subscription to the online eEditions and update subscription information on the website using a secure ecommerce engine.
- Place classified ads and classified display ads using a secure ecommerce engine.
Future updates will include:
More photos and videos
User photos and videos submissions directly to the galleries
Ability to purchase photos from the photo gallery
Like, comment and share to Facebook or Twitter directly from the article
Please have a look around and give us your feedback. Please check back often for daily updates to breaking news, photos, events, discussions, obituaries, and other notices!